1993 Ford Explorer injector swap help!! (E6TE-A3B) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Ford Explorer injector swap help!! (E6TE-A3B)

Almostfast

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Hey my name is Mark Tisdale and I am new to the forum...

I have a 1993 Ford explorer 4.0 oHV, I need to replace my injectors and my buddy has a set of E6TE-A3B injectors that are 19lb. They came off a late 80 early 90s mustang... I believe for the 93 explorer the stockers are 19lbs also. My question is I need to save some money and he will give me these low mileage injectors for free, and I was wondering if the fuel system etc will be compatiable with these inectors... If so I will put new o-rings on and go!

Thanks so much, and guys let me know asap...

Mark

Chances are good that a 19lbs fuel injector for a early 90's Ford is a 19lbs fuel injector for a Ford.

I would say take one of your buddies' injectors to the parts store, and compare it to a new injector for the '93 4.0L OHV, (since it would be less hassle than removing the injectors from your Explorer just to compare). If the connectors are the same, and the injector shape is the same, it should work. You might even find the same part number is for the last 80's mustangs.

If the connectors aren't the same, I wouldn't do it. You could still accept the injectors and sell them for some dough towards new/reman ones.

If you can afford the downtime, you could always have your originals sent out to be cleaned and flow matched.

What makes you think you need new injectors, anyway? I've found bad gas clogs them up, but consistent use of top tier (chevron, shell, etc.) detergent gasoline eventually clears them up. New o-rings are good, but unless they are just completely worn out from very high mileage or severe use, you might just need some fuel system maintenance.

Back