2009 Explorer Instrument Cluster swap Forscan help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2009 Explorer Instrument Cluster swap Forscan help

SPalmer

Reaction score
City, State
Fate, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer Limited
I have a 2009 Explorer Limited. Original cluster went bad. I went to Pick-n-pull and grabbed a 2008 Explorer cluster. I have used this forum search and found that I can modify the system to run the vehicle with the new cluster. However, I am not sure the exact step by step I need to do in the Forscan. I have searched through several posts, bt cant find exactly what I need to do. Can someone help me with my search or help me with step by step in the Forscan program for the new cluster? It would be much appreciated. I am still waiting for my license to be emailed to me so I can further get into the system. Once I receive that I am ready to get this job done. Currently vehicle is good to drive just dont know speed/fuel level/coolant temp. Thanks so much!

I just wanted to follow up. I was making Forscan more difficult than it is. Was able to program new cluster and my keys to PATS. Just took 12 minutes per program. So nice to have this behind me.

Back