• Register Today It's free!

2018 FPIU Fob questions

reddogsecurity

Reaction score
City, State
Bowling Green, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
22018 FPIUs, 3-2021 base
One of our 2018 FPIUs has 4 working FOBs and the other has none. So I grabbed 2 and took the one to a locksmith to have them programmed. They do vehicles every day 4-5p. So after about 30 minutes and a phone call to tech support he tells me that this explorer does not have the equipment for keyless entry. Basicaly that it was not an option. Just trying to verifiy if this is correct or should i go elsewhere? Not rtying to add remote start, just would be great to be able to use a fob to lock and unlock the doors.

One of our 2018 FPIUs has 4 working FOBs and the other has none. So I grabbed 2 and took the one to a locksmith to have them programmed. They do vehicles every day 4-5p. So after about 30 minutes and a phone call to tech support he tells me that this explorer does not have the equipment for keyless entry. Basicaly that it was not an option. Just trying to verifiy if this is correct or should i go elsewhere? Not rtying to add remote start, just would be great to be able to use a fob to lock and unlock the doors.

2016-19 does not pair the same as earlier years. Instead of pairing based on pushing a button on the fob you have to pair by entering the 48-character TIC code found inside of the key fob. That means it has to be OEM Ford key fob in order to work. Typically a dealer does this, but luckily that function is now supported on Forscan as well so you can do it at home with a laptop and a $20 adaptor.

2016-19 does not pair the same as earlier years. Instead of pairing based on pushing a button on the fob you have to pair by entering the 48-character TIC code found inside of the key fob. That means it has to be OEM Ford key fob in order to work. Typically a dealer does this, but luckily that function is now supported on Forscan as well so you can do it at home with a laptop and a $20 adaptor.
Thank you. He did hook a computer/scanner to it but his tech support asked for the vin and said that it didnt have the capabiliy to have keyless. I will swing by Ford today

Back