2023 FORD EXPLORER AUTO START-STOP REMOVAL OPTION DELETED | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2023 FORD EXPLORER AUTO START-STOP REMOVAL OPTION DELETED

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, a removal option has been deleted? Is that a double negative and it means that auto stop-start will actually be included in future Explorers?

Does anyone actually want auto start stop?

Does anyone actually want auto start stop?
It does really matter to me as it hardly ever comes on due to my limited driving. When it does come on, it doesn't bother me at all.

Peter

ON the 3 cars I had with it that weren't PHEVs, I liked it. When it didn't activate, I actually thought "what the heck is the engine still running for?"
And my 2018 Cadillac XT5 didn't have a button to turn it off, ever. But I could drive so it wouldn't trigger (like at stop signs, then it is stoopid) in several ways. Tap the downshift tab as I stopped. Or stop/creep/stop... many ways without disabling it altogether.
No PHEV's they are the bee's knees when it comes to this stuff, engine is typically off the whole time you are slowing down, and as you pull out, only fires up if needed.

The features should all be user controlled, either default on or default off, by the driver's choice. That's the way of freedom, if you like it one way, you do that, but don't force others to do it your way.

Mercedes has the best way to control it. In addition to button you can also control with brake pedal.
Push to brake and stop
Push harder to stop engine
Push more to activate hold function. After you get used to how much you need to stop on brake its the dream.

Back