A/C coming warm from driver side vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C coming warm from driver side vents

sync58

Reaction score
City, State
Monterrey, Nuevo León
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2010 Limited
Hello fellas, I have an issue with my A/C had it delivered on the dealership to troubleshoot and they found nothing. Just today I noticed that the air blows cold on the passenger side but on the driver side is barely cold. (Now I know why my friends got cold really quickly). The air blows strongly on both sides and works for any setting being hot, cold, different blends on floor and upper vents.

Could this be an issue with the temperature blend actuator? I think it's miscalibrated or something, It still works since it can be set to hot or cold. Or am I out of luck and it needs to be replaced?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the reply, Explorer_PL. Gonna check it out!

I had the same issue, so I removed the blend door and it checked out fine. Now what?? I was talking to someone about my problem and he suggested adding freon. I said no because the pass side was cold, how could it need freon ??. Time went on and the wife (her car) started to complain so I added freon. It now blows cold on both the pass and driver side. dont ask my how or why but it worked. So for $12 can of freon my problem was fixed. That was over 2 months ago and it still works correctly.

This is great information. I have a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer with the electronic climate control. It blows hot on the passenger side, and cold on the driver side when I put the AC on. I'll check the coolant, that would be an easy fix. The only difference in my issue is that when I turn the AC off, but want to blow cool unconditioned air, it'll still blow hot air on the passenger side and ambient air on the driver side.

Back