cargo area measurements, seats folded down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cargo area measurements, seats folded down

painu

Reaction score
City, State
Trenton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005, Outback, LL Bean
Hi

Could anyone please help and share the trunk dimensions I marked in the attached image? It's very important for me to get to know it and I haven't had any success searching for the infromation online (and it took me a while) :(

Thank you very much in advance!

best regards,
peter

rear-cargo-area-in-a-2019-Ford-Explorer-with-all-seats-folded-down_o.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi

Could anyone please help and share the trunk dimensions I marked in the attached image? It's very important for me to get to know it and I haven't had any success searching for the infromation online (and it took me a while) :(

Thank you very much in advance!

best regards,
peter

View attachment 172572
We have a 2016 limited, and the dimensions are length is 70 inches. The width is 41 inches. Hope this helps.

I just measured my 17 Platinum and the 41" side to side is correct.
From the forward edge of the folded down second row seats to the back is 70"
However if you measure to the backs of the front seats, then that goes to 83"
It was a bit hard to tell if your red arrow ended at the seat edges or went all the way to the front seats.
Hope this helps

Guys - it's an honor to be a part of this forum :)
Actually, both dimensions (to the front seats / edge of the folded seats) are important so thanks again for all the info. You helped a lot.

cheers!
peter

Guys - it's an honor to be a part of this forum :)
Actually, both dimensions (to the front seats / edge of the folded seats) are important so thanks again for all the info. You helped a lot.

cheers!
peter
Welcome to the Forum Peter.:wave:

Peter

maximum I could fit was 18" by 8' long PLY sheet diagonally on top of some 2by4s (see pics attached) Front seat moved to the front & top most position and then the back is moved forward as much as it goes

59439967_419656791948913_4783411304981331968_n.jpg
59696720_550167158842482_3227230132632551424_n.jpg

Back