How to: - FINALLY GOOD TOW MIRRORS!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: FINALLY GOOD TOW MIRRORS!!!!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Wvsuperman1

Reaction score
City, State
Statesville
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 ford explorer xlt
I know every explorer/ sport Trac owner is sick and tired of our tiny mirrors or wobbly aftermarket strap ons. Look no further, I found a combo that works and to toot my own horn it's brilliant.

I ordered 2015 GMC 2500 tow mirrors off Amazon for about $80.. I had to cut the front bolt off of them, trim down some of the having on the back, drill two new holes in the door, and add a few washers.
Definitely wasn't rocket science. Just took my time and trimmed a little at a time.l was even able to wire to factory adjustment switch and defrost
IMG_20201231_173810835_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201231_174017834.jpg
IMG_20201231_173801105.jpg
IMG_20210101_101242042_HDR.jpg

I know every explorer/ sport Trac owner is sick and tired of our tiny mirrors or wobbly aftermarket strap ons. Look no further, I found a combo that works and to toot my own horn it's brilliant.

I ordered 2015 GMC 2500 tow mirrors off Amazon for about $80.. I had to cut the front bolt off of them, trim down some of the having on the back, drill two new holes in the door, and add a few washers.
Definitely wasn't rocket science. Just took my time and trimmed a little at a time.l was even able to wire to factory adjustment switch and defrostView attachment 326959View attachment 326960View attachment 326961View attachment 326962
Nice job, I’ve been wanting to find something similar that would fit but haven’t broken down and tried yet. I was leaning more towards just an F-150 mirror instead of those massive mirrors, but glad you figured something out that works!

Nice job, I’ve been wanting to find something similar that would fit but haven’t broken down and tried yet. I was leaning more towards just an F-150 mirror instead of those massive mirrors, but glad you figured something out that works!
The base that's mounts the mirrors to the door on the F150 is way to big for the explorer doors, the Ram's tow mirrors pretty close too.

Definitely wasn't rocket science. Just took my time and trimmed a little at a time.l was even able to wire to factory adjustment switch and defrostView attachment 326959View attachment 326960View attachment 326961View attachment 326962
Looks amazing do you have a link to the mirrors I have been looking but hard to find on the Swedish Amazon site thanks Raz

Back