Grease points and other Maintenance & Warranty ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grease points and other Maintenance & Warranty ?'s

huntmo

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I'm new to the forum and this is my 1st Explorer. I also have a 2016 Ford Fiesta which aside from the TCM I've done all maintenance and work on myself. My Explorer is a 2021 XLT w/ Tow Package and "Intelligent 4WD".

Are there grease points on this vehicle if so, where? A lot of the maintenance schedules in the user manual is just monitoring items, not really a specific mileage on when certain things should be done. Anything else useful to know in terms of maintenance. At what point should I consider bleeding brake lines with fresh brake fluid? I'm doing oil and filter every 5K miles and have already replaced engine and cabin air filters.

I'm currently at 26K Miles and my 36-month warranty is approaching in November. Any common problems I should keep an eye or ear out for? So far, I've had the TSB for the gas filler done and plan on visiting my local dealer soon as I'm worried, I have a coolant leak. No smell, overheating, or visible leaks but I noticed my reservoir is well below the minimum line.

Thanks for any help and advice, I look forward to being a part of this community!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The dealer does all my maintenance so I do not know about grease points. All I can say is that I've never seen any grease droppings. Any maintenance seems to mention just oil and filter changes. If you had a 5th gen I'd be worried that the internal water pump was leaking coolant but the 6th gen has an external pump. Have you filled the reservoir and noticed how long it takes to get low again? It has to be going somewhere.

Peter

Upvote 0

Back