Greetings to all. I just acquired a 2020 PIU and had some questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Greetings to all. I just acquired a 2020 PIU and had some questions

FactorE

Reaction score
City, State
ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 PIU
Hello all , recent 2020 PIU owner here. Before I start upgrading things like the center console...which, really, is the only thing I need to work on for the aesthetics. I would really like to get the rear windows and rear interior door handles working. I've searched and found some videos about re-enabling them for earlier year PIU's but not 2020 and above.

Does anyone here know if the process is the same for 2020's, if not is there a guide or video about it?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 2020+ PIUs we put in auction, we just took the rear door panels off and attached the handle to the cable.

The window switches I believe were dummy switches. So they allowed the driver to roll the window down but the button itself didn’t work. I think you might have to buy a new window switch.

Upvote 0

The 2020+ PIUs we put in auction, we just took the rear door panels off and attached the handle to the cable.

The window switches I believe were dummy switches. So they allowed the driver to roll the window down but the button itself didn’t work. I think you might have to buy a new window switch.
Awesome, yeah I was going to pop the panels tomorrow to take a look, was hoping I just had to connect the cables for the handles. The windows were what I was most unsure about. Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

Awesome, yeah I was going to pop the panels tomorrow to take a look, was hoping I just had to connect the cables for the handles. The windows were what I was most unsure about. Thanks for the info!
So turns out I didnt even have to take the panels off, there was a white plastic child safety switch inside the hollow where the door latch mechanism is, all I had to do was turn that to unlock on each back door and the handles worked

Upvote 0

So turns out I didnt even have to take the panels off, there was a white plastic child safety switch inside the hollow where the door latch mechanism is, all I had to do was turn that to unlock on each back door and the handles worked
Thanks for update. Glad it was an easy fix lol.

Upvote 0

Hello all , recent 2020 PIU owner here. Before I start upgrading things like the center console...which, really, is the only thing I need to work on for the aesthetics. I would really like to get the rear windows and rear interior door handles working. I've searched and found some videos about re-enabling them for earlier year PIU's but not 2020 and above.

Does anyone here know if the process is the same for 2020's, if not is there a guide or video about it?

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Those child safety locks have caused a few members to post about not being able to open the rear doors.:)

Peter

Upvote 0

Back