Here 'exploring' for information.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here 'exploring' for information..

RunnitHard

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 X-Runner
Hello everybody..

Here to find as much info on performance for the 5.0L motor.

Me and a buddy are beginning a motor swap into his B3000 pickup with the Explorer 5.0L.

I'm primarily a member over on RPS, but figured for more specific questions you guys should be able to help out. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everybody..

Here to find as much info on performance for the 5.0L motor.

Me and a buddy are beginning a motor swap into his B3000 pickup with the Explorer 5.0L.

I'm primarily a member over on RPS, but figured for more specific questions you guys should be able to help out. :thumbsup:

Search for "Torquemonster Headers" and you'll find a very desirable upgrade (and one I'm doing this summer to my 5.0) and lots of threads on the subject. Lots of great threads and resources on the site re: 5.0. Consider air intake, upgraded exhaust and SCT tuning to start. The headers are a a must have too.

Welcome to the site. Awesome resource.

Search for "Torquemonster Headers" and you'll find a very desirable upgrade (and one I'm doing this summer to my 5.0) and lots of threads on the subject. Lots of great threads and resources on the site re: 5.0. Consider air intake, upgraded exhaust and SCT tuning to start. The headers are a a must have too.

Welcome to the site. Awesome resource.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm no stranger to modding and performance (currently driving a v6 pickup running low 13's in the 1/4, est 350rwhp/400rwtq). Bolt-ons are a given. Some aspects i'm more concerned with are tuning options (obviously SCT is one i'll look into) and head/motor work. We would like to build the motor to about 400hp, that is assuming it is feasible without running n2o or boost.

Thank you for the recommendations.. I hope to find some useful information here. :D

welcome

Back