Key won't come out of ignition 2010 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key won't come out of ignition 2010 Explorer.

kstevenson

Reaction score
City, State
Peterborough,Ontario Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer
I'm new to the group and could really use some help so can someone that has made a replacement shifter rod please sell me one or maybe give me very detailed instructions on how to make one including what kind of rod they used and maybe some pictures. Any and all help would be most appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think people will be confused. Your post doesn't really match up with the subject heading. If there's a connection you may want to explain in a little more detail.

I think people will be confused. Your post doesn't really match up with the subject heading. If there's a connection you may want to explain in a little more detail.
I'm guessing he is talking about the rod because the key won't come out unless it 'knows' the trans is in park.

I'm guessing he is talking about the rod because the key won't come out unless it 'knows' the trans is in park.

Probably so. But that's not mentioned within the post. Some folks won't help out if they feel that they have to guess what a poster is looking to do.

Thanks guys sorry for the confusion and yes Blackhawk is correct. I was trying to reach out to the guys that have made the metal tube to replace the broken plastic one. That’s for the help and advice it’s much appreciated.

Thanks guys sorry for the confusion and yes Blackhawk is correct. I was trying to reach out to the guys that have made the metal tube to replace the broken plastic one. That’s for the help and advice it’s much appreciated.
I can't help you out. It's an issue I've never seen. But now that we have it sorted out hopefully someone will come along that has seen it and/or fixed it.

Back