Map Update

Dale5403

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Ford released a new map update today. For me with a 2020 ST they are now charging for it. Guess I will either use the version I have or Google Maps. Pricing starts at $109.00 for 1 year and goes up from there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The price is pretty outrageous for a one year license.

Where can we find this update details.?

Map Version 2.22 is still free for my 2021

as always turn off pop-up blocker if the download doesn't start

Map Version 2.22 is still free for my 2021

as always turn off pop-up blocker is the download doesn't start
Update and tell us if you see any changes to the maps themselves.

The maps for MA now have the correct exit numbers.

I need the vehicle installation instructions for the map update. Would someone please post them here. :help:

There's a note at the end of the download instructions in Step 9 indicating the vehicle installation instructions are available after a successful download on the ORDER COMPLETE page. I missed that point when I downloaded the files and now when I return to the download page I'm not able to access them. It wants me to purchase a USB for $40.

Having done this sucessfully with the prior map update I attempted to update my vehicle by inserting the USB stick and driving the vehicle. The update started however after 25 minutes I ran into prompts that flashed on the screen to fast to read. That was followed by multiple requests to cycle the ignition which I did. At one point it displayed an update complete message and to cycle the ignition yet again so I did and I removed the USB stick. That's when it displayed another updating message followed by a Navigation update failed message. Obviously I missed something that's detailed in the vehicle installation instructions. :banghead:

I need the vehicle installation instructions for the map update. Would someone please post them here. :help:

There's a note at the end of the download instructions in Step 9 indicating the vehicle installation instructions are available after a successful download on the ORDER COMPLETE page. I missed that point when I downloaded the files and now when I return to the download page I'm not able to access them. It wants me to purchase a USB for $40.

Having done this sucessfully with the prior map update I attempted to update my vehicle by inserting the USB stick and driving the vehicle. The update started however after 25 minutes I ran into prompts that flashed on the screen to fast to read. That was followed by multiple requests to cycle the ignition which I did. At one point it displayed an update complete message and to cycle the ignition yet again so I did and I removed the USB stick. That's when it displayed another updating message followed by a Navigation update failed message. Obviously I missed something that's detailed in the vehicle installation instructions. :banghead:
When filing out the map download request It ask for a Email Address? Mine did, and I received an E-maill with all the info. Leave the USB in until it says take it out.

I hope this helps

Attachments

• DownloadInstructions.pdf
    935.9 KB · Views: 123

I hope this helps
Thanks for posting the download instructions. At the end of page 7 is the paragraph below and in bold text is what I'm missing.

The Map Data and License File Downloads and Transfer to USB processes are complete. You may now be ready to
take the USB and install the new maps into your vehicle. The Vehicle Installation Instructions are located on the Order
Complete page. Download these instructions and take them with the USB to your vehicle for installation.

What I need are the Vehicle Installation Instructions.
I circled in red on the picture below. That's where you can download them. This is the Order Complete page that I cannot access any longer.

Order-Complete-Maps.jpg

I downloaded the map and sync updates months ago. (March 28th) Made USB drives to update, but never bothered. Not the map update has a fee, and I ass-u-me that my downloaded one is still valid, but last freebie I will ever get, correct?

I downloaded the map and sync updates months ago. (March 28th) Made USB drives to update, but never bothered. Not the map update has a fee, and I ass-u-me that my downloaded one is still valid, but last freebie I will ever get, correct?
I think that is correct. I'm not paying for the map update. I can use Google Maps for free. Easier any way.

I downloaded a free update a few months ago but didn't install due to the 22251 memory loss issue.

I called the Ford CRC support center 800-392-3673 for Map Update help. The company providing the support is ALOM located in Freemont, CA.
They helped me find the confirmation email sent the day I originally downloaded the update. The email has a link to the download page for my order. That page provides downloads for the map update files and the vehicle installation instructions.
The support associate was excellent!

Attached below are the Vehicle Installation Instructions.
Following the instructions, I was able to successfully complete the Map update. :)

I'm also attaching the FAQ from the Map ordering website,. That's where I found the support phone number.

Attachments

• FordInstructionsSyncPost Sync3.2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
  • FAQs-1.pdf
    165.6 KB · Views: 105

I think that is correct. I'm not paying for the map update. I can use Google Maps for free. Easier any way.
Right, I never bothered because I use Android Auto all the time (wirelessly!) And Google Maps is awesome, and as up to date as you can get.
Also, a tip for trips, download the maps offline ahead of time! Works great if going into the wilderness without cellular coverage.

Seems now for is charging for map upgrade for sync 3.4. See bellow for the tier prices.

ford-usb-shipment-icon.png

SYNC® 3 USB Subscription​

• 5 Year Subscription.
  • One update per year.
  • $199 for 5 years.
  • Additional $40 for the USB (every year).
$239.00
+ Shipping
Order Now
ford-download-icon.png

SYNC® 3 Subscription Digital Download​

• 5 Year Subscription.
  • 15GB of USB storage required.
  • Average download time is 1.5 hours*
*Your actual download time will vary based upon your internet download speed and type of USB used.
$199.00
Order Now

*This website does not support troubleshooting for the download selection process.​

ford-usb-shipment-icon.png

SYNC® 3 USB​

• ONE time only Map Update
  • Recommended option due to file size and time required for downloading.
  • Arrives in as little as 2 days
$149.00
+ Shipping
Order Now
ford-download-icon.png

SYNC® 3 Digital Download​

*Your actual download time will vary based upon your internet download speed and type of USB used.
$109.00
Order Now

*This website does not support troubleshooting for the download selection process.​

Yup, I posted that last week. I wonder if newer MY's still get it for free.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems now for is charging for map upgrade for sync 3.4. See bellow for the tier prices.

View attachment 444967

SYNC® 3 USB Subscription​

• 5 Year Subscription.
  • One update per year.
  • $199 for 5 years.
  • Additional $40 for the USB (every year).
$239.00
+ Shipping
Order Now
View attachment 444968

SYNC® 3 Subscription Digital Download​

• 5 Year Subscription.
$199.00
Order Now

View attachment 444969

SYNC® 3 USB​

• Recommended option due to file size and time required for downloading.
  • Arrives in as little as 2 days
$149.00
+ Shipping
Order Now
View attachment 444970

SYNC® 3 Digital Download​

$109.00
Order Now

Your thread was merged with Dale's existing one which was on the same page. ;)

Peter

Back