• Register Today It's free!

New from Desert above LA

mrmolding

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019, Explorer Sport
Hello all! I'm the proud owner of a used 2019 Explorer Sport I got a few weeks ago. This is my sixth Explorer 95, 98, 2001, 2004, 2014, and now a 2019. I just love these things!

I've read threads now and then over the years, but I just joined because I'm a little frustrated because I love the car but it has no CD player. I got the new stereo unit (ACM?) off eBay with a CD player from a 2018 explorer and the Sony cover from a 2018 with the CD opening. I also updated to Sync 3.4 a few weeks ago. The CD player actually loaded the CD and played it (no sound) but the CD player does not show up as an audio source. The USB does, and so does Sirius, FM, AM as well. But, I have no audio on anything. The controls work and volume shows up when I change it, just no actual volume or CD player showing up as a source except for when I load the CD and I get the player interface. Everything was fine before I replaced the "stereo" and face.
Do I need a forscan dongle/software? Not sure if I should have posted this here, but I wanted to introduce myself and say hi (and help).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello! Welcome to Ef! It’s about time lol

I’m sure somebody will know how to get that cd player working

Thanks everyone!!! I've been studying all of the info you all gave and i used forscan to figure out that the replacement ACM I got was configured for a basic? audio system. Once I set the value to A0 (maybe 0A) for Sony everything started to work. Thanks again!

Welcome.

Back