• Register Today It's free!

New Guy here!

charlie1234

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer
I just joined after seeing the post on the forum. I have a 02 explorer . I have not had a lot of issues with it ,but they are starting to happen now.it has 238,000 mile no trans problems to speak of and runs great I did have to replace 4x4 control board last DEC and that's how I found your forum. Now I have a new problem and it has happened twice. It won't start now! The first time this happened was a month ago I sprayed starting fluid and it cranked right up. I changed the fuel filter and spark plugs and cleaned the mas air flow sensor, the fuel pump worked and now its doing it again cranks but no go I purchased a code reader and it says there are No codes. I was thinking about replacing the Fuel pump maybe its not sending the firing signal. Not sure! I just I'm not crazy about spending 250 on pump just yet.So there you have it my first post and its a long one.looking forward to any suggestions
thanks
Charlie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Did you check the fuel rail to see if there is fuel? Do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key? Do you have another key other than the one that you are currently using?

Its Running

Wow! Cant believe it the problem was the Battery it was only holding a 11volt charge and the fuel pump circuit wasn't allowing spark. Back on the road again. yeah!

Back