Seat Climate Control Module Q

vitamin72

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Ford Explorer Sport
2019 Ford Explorer

Hey all. I have the dreaded seat climate control issue; No cooling, no heating on the drivers seat. (pax seat works great)

I ran a scan and got the following,

===SCME DTC B14BA:13-0A===
Code: B14BA - Driver Seat Back Thermal Electric Device

Additional Fault Symptom ( :13 ):

- Circuit Open

Status (-0A):

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Front Seat Climate Control Module

===END SCME DTC B14BA:13-0A===

Question is, do you think it could just be the Climate Control Module itself or, could it be a short somewhere up or down stream.

I checked and reset the wires going into the module and check the fuse...all looked great.

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2019 Ford Explorer

Hey all. I have the dreaded seat climate control issue; No cooling, no heating on the drivers seat. (pax seat works great)

I ran a scan and got the following,

===SCME DTC B14BA:13-0A===
Code: B14BA - Driver Seat Back Thermal Electric Device

Additional Fault Symptom ( :13 ):

- Circuit Open

Status (-0A):

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Front Seat Climate Control Module

===END SCME DTC B14BA:13-0A===

Question is, do you think it could just be the Climate Control Module itself or, could it be a short somewhere up or down stream.

I checked and reset the wires going into the module and check the fuse...all looked great.

Thoughts?

Ford
Ford DTC B14BA:13​

Make: Ford
Code: B14BA:13
Definition: Driver Seat Back Thermal Electric Device: Circuit Open

Cause: If the outputs to the driver seat back thermal electric device are disconnected, open or current flow is below a programmed threshold, the SCME shuts down the driver seat system and sets this DTC.

Failure Type: Circuit Open This sub type is used for failures, where the control module determines an open circuit via lack of bias voltage, low current flow, no change in the state of an input in response to an output, etc.

View attachment 451735 Ford DTC B14BA:13​

Make: Ford
Code: B14BA:13
Definition: Driver Seat Back Thermal Electric Device: Circuit Open

Cause: If the outputs to the driver seat back thermal electric device are disconnected, open or current flow is below a programmed threshold, the SCME shuts down the driver seat system and sets this DTC.

Failure Type: Circuit Open This sub type is used for failures, where the control module determines an open circuit via lack of bias voltage, low current flow, no change in the state of an input in response to an output, etc.
shucks. Not what I was hoping.

Thank you Pete. Is the source something the general public has access to?

shucks. Not what I was hoping.

Thank you Pete. Is the source something the general public has access to?
On a ford vehicle with heated seats, the brake was at the base of the seat base, where the seat pivots. There should be a connector under the seat. Ring out the wires.

Back