Traction control flashing when accelerating | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traction control flashing when accelerating

Hill0430

Reaction score
City, State
Cherokee North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer sport
on my 14 explorer awd I had a bad wheel bearing I replaced all the wheel bearing and speed sensors because the rear sensor didn’t won’t to come out for everything replaced and seem good until I got around 10 mph and it felt like it was going into limp mode like I wasn’t getting traction and no lights would stay on just flash and wouldn’t let me go over 10 mph any help would be appreciated

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It's very difficult to try and read a long sentence like that when it doesn't have periods (.).
Are you saying that the vehicle will no longer go faster than 10 mph? if you are able to accelerate to 10 mph then I'd say you have traction. Does it do the same in reverse? When you say "no lights would stay on", which lights are you talking about? The Traction Control warning?
FYI, a flashing warning light is more urgent than a steady ON warning light. From what I've read, a faulty speed sensor can cause a vehicle to go into limp mode which in turn could cause the traction control warning.

Peter

Back