which tires? '91 expy/navajo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which tires? '91 expy/navajo

I have a '91 Navajo 2-door 4wd, and I need new tires; I switched to Michelin ATXs from the Firestones that were on it (even before Firestone did the recall) and they really helped the ride/handling/etc.

Are there any other tires I could use instead of the LTX's? They're pricey.

This truck is mostly highway/city driving, some unpaved roads and our fields.

I want the softest ride I can get. The 4WD suspension is very tight, and riding too fast over a bumpy road downtown will "knock your teeth out"!

Also, the local tire guy wants to sell me Bridgestone Revo's, which I'm not too keen on because of a)the ride improvement I got with the Michelin's and b)they're Bridgestones.

Anything other tires I should consider that will give me the same ride?

Any advice appreciated!

My dad has some "Highway" Bridgestones on his that are pretty smooth on the highway. They shouldn't be that expensive too, as Bridgestone is the cheaper version of Firestone.....

You keep saying how much you liked the smooth ride of the Michlins - why not just spend a few extra bucks and get them. I have Michlins on my X and I don't think I could be happy with anything else. They sure provide one nice smooth ride. They may cost more, but you will probably get more miles out of them, and in the long run they may turn out to even be a little cheaper.

Don

Back