1952 Ford restomod - 410Customs hotrod | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1952 Ford restomod - 410Customs hotrod

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I have never done this before, I have always wanted to
I was not looking for a car this car found me
It jumped off the craigslist and onto my trailer
I need to stop looking at craigslist or I will be broke
This is the first non RBV that I have ever loaded, likely the first car ever too.........

So here's the deal, since we moved to North Idaho in 2017 there is a big car culture up here. They have this big event in Sandpoint each year called Lost in the 50's
It is a big deal up here for Gear heads. I watch hotrods drive around, I watch all the shows on tv and the internet, I have always secretly wanted to build some sort of hot rod. My dad had a 57 T bird when he first got married, I have always dreamed of finding one for him and building it up, taking him for a cruise. Well I cannot afford a 57 T bird that is for dang sure.
But I could afford this!!

1952 Ford Tudor hot rod project
This was posted on craigslist by an ASE master tech who for personal reasons has to let go of some of his projects. He was already knee deep into this thing. I got it on my trailer for $500
Obviously he was not after the money, owner was more interested that it goes to the right guy who will put it back on the road and share his vision. I am that guy.

The chassis is already mostly sorted with a decent setup
Has ball joint disc brake front end conversion, has Ranger 8.8 limited slip rear axle with SN95 discs. Rear is leaf sprung with airbags
96 F150 roller 302 mated to a C4 auto, steering gear box in place, headers and more
Frame is done basically, now its time for the body to be repaired, needs the usual rockers, braces, floor pans
Otherwise I would say this thing in good shape for its age
This is a complete car all trim, interior bits, body parts, bumpers, its all there... has one broken window and one missing

I love it, the more I am around it (few hours) the more I like it. I was first to call on it, and he held it for me despite all the odds. Long story short my cell phone not working yesterday, his phone and email blowing up over his add for the car. He was nice enough to hold it for me until we could get there (2+ hour tow), I had friends texting him and calling him on my behalf "we are serious and we are coming with cash and trailer" finally he responded.... he was holding it for us, I had first pick!
So we made it there, closed the deal, winched her onto the trailer and now she is mine
I am very excited
It will be a year or two before I can even start on it, the 07 Ranger is front and center all other projects on hold until Eddie gets his truck back
I have been collecting enough projects to keep me busy for next few years

I am going to try and make lost in the 50's with my dad before 2025 with this baby
Already starting to come together with build plans
truck engine will go bye bye as will the c4 auto, most likely use a gt40 v8 from explorer with EFI and coil packs
will for sure use 4r70w auto so I can cruise highway
I like superchargers :) But I also like turbos, a 4 banger turbo would be one off
Who knows what the future holds for this thing, I can tell you a EFI setup with no distributor would turn some heads at the old 50's show because its NOT AN LS LOL
I hope my dad likes it, I sure do

from what I have gathered in less then 24 hours, the 1952 Tudor is not very desirable, the 51 sure, but not the 52? Whatever I have heard this before about Bronco II's many years ago. I like this 52 so I will make it so!

body will come off, get stripped and blasted, then I will start collecting patch panels, glass, trim etc
Project will start as soon as Eddies truck is done, my sport trac build gets going, and I flip two other rangers I have collected, likely middle of next year

I present to you 410Customs hot rod project!! I will cruise the streets with my Dad, dreams are BUILT!!!!!

D98606CE-A56A-46C1-B9CA-5F0580794BAF.jpeg

F777D1D9-636E-4FF5-995E-8D06F385BD5B.jpeg

30F4D8AB-8171-4285-9930-4605D56FA32D.jpeg

3C615991-1D7B-444A-98D6-42A19A77B0E0.jpeg

B5D0EAE2-0DB5-40FF-8D12-3EB629305367.jpeg

6BB4C0EB-C79C-462A-8386-58DB1A748DD0.jpeg

big plans, I love the wheels and the stance, the roof line, and my favorite part all 4 windows go down

This is likely the only way in heck I would ever get my hands on a Vermont plate too............ sooo cool!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sex on wheels

500 bucks???? holly crap! did you kiss the guy as well?!
now i know why you were saying you need a body guy to move down to you! hell, that is something i would love to rip into! the only thing i would want to do to it, but would need guidance is chop the top!
there is also another major event that goes down each year in st. paul, mn called back to the 50's (used to see some of the cars driving there when i was coming home from all ford nationals).

Sweet, Jamie! It’s you!

Nice find Jamie. It looks like it is super solid:chug:

wait till you guys see the work that has been done, he literally just put the body on it so he could sell it the frame and chassis are setup and nice

C7347C1C-AAF4-48AD-8F0E-5A3522CC9EA2.jpeg

everytime I think of this car and the word "hotrod" an old ministry song comes to mind

I am for sure not feeling the baby blue
The dash is white, I wonder what color it was originally
I also do not think it will have a nice paintjob, too much work and maintenance for a "driver"
I wonder if I can find a supercharger for a 302 hmmmmmmmmmm oh yeah and the money to buy it!! hahahaha :)

Holley? 4r70w? coil near plug blown 302, bed liner paint, my wheels are turning

Jon Kaase made 585HP with a Y block :D

I am for sure not feeling the baby blue
The dash is white, I wonder what color it was originally
I also do not think it will have a nice paintjob, too much work and maintenance for a "driver"
I wonder if I can find a supercharger for a 302 hmmmmmmmmmm oh yeah and the money to buy it!! hahahaha :)

Holley? 4r70w? coil near plug blown 302, bed liner paint, my wheels are turning

be different. go camo.
as for the supercharger, i know a guy who has made a few different mounts for a few different superchargers.

Man oh Man. The Street Rod bug. I know it well. I guess that you know that the Borgeson box cost more than what you paid for the whole vehicle? Nice find. It's funny how the stars align sometimes.

Back