410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier" | Page 47 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

I love how you’re using thousands year old tools along with a plasma cutter, great contrast!

IMG_0165.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes with plasma torches!!!

76477DDD-87AA-423F-8425-18365BA6B77D.jpeg

Now that I’m almost 51 I understand this hairstyle

soooooo there is a big update in the works! I promised it before Christmas, obviously that did not happen
It is coming for new years however!! I was not able to get all my ducks in a row before x mas but that does not mean we are not still working towards it! I have help doing the painting and bodywork bits on this rig, the three of us have to get together in the shop to get this done! All the parts are in place and ready.. one more trip to the paint store and then we will be spraying some blue

Hang in there @EddieMoney it is coming!!!

I'm jealous that there is progress. I need to light a bonfire under the butts at the shop going through my engine. 410, I'd be totally content knowing something, anything is being done to get the project completed if you were working on my vehicle.

So, I have to ask...

What did you do with the original factory rims? I'm looking for a set for my 91 Ranger...

171_032048_500000004.jpg

They are on my 03 sport trax. I got to keep his old wheels and tires as part of my pay.

Lucky me! I am using them as our summer wheels and tires on this v8 5 speed 4wd trac I built for the wife and I while our trucks our down (my bronco is parked for rust issues wife’s FJ is parked needs $2000 in parts and a few weeks in shop)
They are my favorite of all the stock wheels. I used to run them on my old 96 explorer
CE3FCB2F-50E4-4177-9548-C8467F641E5D.jpeg

Got a set . . .
Attachmen.jpeg

. . . but unless you’re local, can’t see how you’d be willing to pay for shipping from the Pacific Northwest.

Paul

They are on my 03 sport trax. I got to keep his old wheels and tires as part of my pay.

Lucky me! I am using them as our summer wheels and tires on this v8 5 speed 4wd trac I built for the wife and I while our trucks our down (my bronco is parked for rust issues wife’s FJ is parked needs $2000 in parts and a few weeks in shop)
They are my favorite of all the stock wheels. I used to run them on my old 96 explorer
View attachment 448532

They look good on the ST. Hmm. Now I have to find a new style to put on the Ranger.

Got a set . . . View attachment 448540
. . . but unless you’re local, can’t see how you’d be willing to pay for shipping from the Pacific Northwest.

Paul
Where in the PNW? I might make a drive if the price is right.

have had correspondence with @EddieMoney , and am excited to see the truck up close. If your going to deliver it keep me in the loop as i would enjoy meeting you in person as well! Maybe hammer down on some of our plans also.
Side note--a couple days before your post I was heading north, and about 3/8 of a mile ahead I saw a blue Ford with white glass merge, I wondered- could it be(as I know Mr. Money lives north of the city)? Being governed @ 64 mph I could only get close enough to see it was a full sizer. Then I see the post about it getting the paint with you!
:)

Blue paint is going on!

I have set March 01, 2024 as the target deadline to deliver the truck back to @EddieMoney

My elevator
Career is coming to an end, my last paycheck will be end of January. I have a paystub from 1987 showing I have been working on elevators since I was 14 years old. Full time employment since 1996 when I was 5 years out of high school. 28 years doing elevators, steady paycheck. I knew this day was coming as I have been working with my father since 2005 and now he is retiring at 82. Soooo this means I can finally do trucks full time without being pulled away for elevator work. It also means no more steady income!
Time to hustle

Blue ranger is down to the end, I have a checklist of things to complete.
Everything I have done in the last 10 years has been leading up to this moment
Time to finally chase my big dream!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations for that goal met.

Back