95 explorer radio issue.....plz some adivce.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 explorer radio issue.....plz some adivce..

little boy blue

Reaction score
City, State
Chesapeake, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT '95XLT
I have a 95xlt and it came with just the radio and tape deck..however i want to upgrade it to one with a cd changer..i found one from 95 that has a cd changer button and i can get the cd changer i'm just trying to figure out if i have an external amp somewhere...i'm not sure if i have LUX or premium i know i don't have jbl....my code is F75F-19B165-AE ....i think i have the premium plugs though cause i have 16 pin and 8 pin...so i'm really confused on that. I want to make sure i get the right harness..if i did my research right i should just need to buy the harness for the cd changer model and it'll plu right into my old plugs.. but like i said i reallly have no clue.

ok here is what you do.. you go to best buy if you are trying to stick in an aftermarket cd player..and ask for a harness and deck kit for your year and model truck.. and then just go from there.. wiring it up yourself is pretty dog'on easy..if you have any?s on how to do that.. i will help you

puttn in an aftermarket is no problem at all...i've done a ton of those..i'm putting in a oem with cd changer button....i've got the cd changer and everything just waitn to be put in...but i i want to make sure i get the right oem radio

Back