camber...

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
I've been calling around to auto parts stores and no one seems to have 2.75 degree camber shim. However when I talked to the guy from car quest he said he did have adjustable ones. When I was searching earlier I saw that there are adjustable ones and non adjustable ones. For you guys who have done the f-150 lift what did you have? On mine I do have adjustable shims, they are five sides so that a wrench can fit. Stock, I can visibly see that the tires are like /--\ i know that my springs have saged, and the shims are cranked pretty much all the way out (top of ball joint closest to the spindel) which as I understand will push the tops of the tires away from each other. I wanted to put new shims on myself so I wouldn't have to pay an insane shop fee...kinda frustrated with everything right now. Just don't know what to do......
[/vent]

CP

the sitch...

Called a place called Southern Indiana Tire 44.00 for the alignment. Usually if new parts are needed (I mentioned what I was doing and what part would need to be replaced if any) and the guy said it's usually around 30.00 per side. I don't think that's a bad deal...and it's right beside my bank...if I need alittle extra cash it's not a problem. Just wanted to get some of my frustrations off my chest. Thanks

Later
CP:)

Back