• Register Today It's free!

Car won't Start

jzclark3988

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, Ne
Year, Model & Trim Level
O2' Explorer Eddie Bauer
I have an 02' Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition 4.0L V6 (gas). Ironically, at the Ford dealership, my car would not start and I had it towed back to my house. All the lights and bells and whistles still come on when you turned the key. I immidiately thought it was the starter because with the key turned there was no click, no turning over, no nothing. I got a new starter and installed it and still nothing. Took the old starter and new starter to get checked and both were fine. I also brought the 50A starter/ignition relay fuse, the Starter relay, and Ignition relay. They told me the 50A starter/ignition fuse was fine, and I connected power to both of the relays and heard the switch clicking which I was told the clicking sound would mean its fine. But my car still wont start. Please help, I don't know what else I should/could check.

Recently I also took out my factory stereo. I also cut off the factory plugs and all the wires were exposed. I have since covered each wire with tape so they don't cross. Thought I would put this in here in case there was some way a wire cross that was touching the stereo could cause this problem. :salute:

when you turn the key, does the anti theft light blink rapidly?

Back