check my lift before i do the work... please... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

check my lift before i do the work... please...

switchusmc

Reaction score
City, State
kansas city, mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4x4 4dr 4.0 sohc
Ok so i have a 97 xlt 4x4 4.0v6.

Now that thats done here's my plans...
i have a durango that i lifted that i'm currently tearing down and parting out. It has a 3 inch bl and a 4inch suspension lift in the rear.. well i did some measuring and took the time for a test fit with the shackles and therear ends mount up the same. So what i want to do is transfer the bl to the x( it will fit i did cross referencing on specs) and swap the entire suspension.. shocks, leafs, shackles. The durango leaf packs use 4 leaves for the extra weight of the truck... the x uses 3. So after swapping all that, plus a soa flip. I estimated 12-14 inches of rear lift(not including any tire ). Now i know i can geet 1.5 maybe 2inches from a tt... and add in the 3inch bl that still leaves me with 7.5-9.5 inches to make up. Here is where i'm lost. has anyone conquered this much lift without a bunch of blocks or coil spacers. This will be done in time. Just getting parts together so on a nice sunny vacation day(week) i will have a nice project.

whats your plans for the front lol

Back