• Register Today It's free!

Help putting door handle back in

Diesel7110

Reaction score
City, State
Kalispell, Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ford explorer st
So i took off the door handle and dound a vidoe where yoi slowly turn it till it locks out. Then once you unplug it you just pull hard and it kinda of just pops off.

I went to out it back in and it wouldnt snap back in. I tried tightning snd loosening it but then i heard a loud snap sound. Like metal on metal sound.

Now when i go to out door handle in it doesnt properly secure. I can get it to go in all the way but when i tighten the bolt the handle gets pushed out.

Any ideas on how i fix this?

So i took off the door handle and dound a vidoe where yoi slowly turn it till it locks out. Then once you unplug it you just pull hard and it kinda of just pops off.

I went to out it back in and it wouldnt snap back in. I tried tightning snd loosening it but then i heard a loud snap sound. Like metal on metal sound.

Now when i go to out door handle in it doesnt properly secure. I can get it to go in all the way but when i tighten the bolt the handle gets pushed out.

Any ideas on how i fix this?
Why did you take it off in the first place?

You also might want to look at your typing before sending. Or your spell check isn't working.

Do you have a picture of what you are referring to?

You also might want to look at your typing before sending. Or your spell check isn't working.

Do you have a picture of what you are referring to?
LMAO Spellcheck only worked on the subject field.

Back