Is there a place I missed to turn on HD radio? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a place I missed to turn on HD radio?

Where in Forscan did you find it? I haven't played much in it yet on my Explorer, but we're been using it on the Ranger. Is it in the BCM section?
It was in the ACM module as "HD Radio System". Mine was disabled, so I enabled it and then went to a local station the I knew had an HD signal. After a few seconds, the HD icon popped up & turned yellow and gave me the option of channels 1 & 2.

My 2023 Timberline doesn't (didn't 😉) have HD radio either. I used Forscan to enable it and now it works like @peterk9 described in his post above. There's still no HD button on the "Sources" screen (like my Sync2 Fusion has). @A1cntrlr you can probably enable yours with Forscan.
View attachment 450876
After selecting "enable", writing it and a restart of my Timberline, I am now enjoying the high fidelity sound of HD Radio along with the extra channels that are available in my 2022 with the B&O system. Thanks!

20240331_161459.jpg

I can confirm that programming it into my XLT with Forscan did not work, not that that's any surprise I guess, but seeing this work on another Explorer that came with the smaller screen got me a little bit hopeful. But it's not so much the screen size as it is the ACM when it comes to having HD Radio capability.

Back