LBarr2002's Elite Registry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LBarr2002's Elite Registry

Long story to this truck. Short version:

I bought it Summer of '04 for $250 as a parts truck. Had "Something Cracked" is all I knew (head, block, didn't know, but too good to pass up for parts). Turned out to be the intake manifold gasket. Had it running for $100.

Here's the day it came home.
mvc006f9ot.jpg

And beside my '91:
mvc001f3qs.jpg

Less than a week after I got it running, the transmission starting leaking so bad I had a smoke screen. Transmission shop somehow dropped it from the lift, 6ft fall, over $2000 damage, would have been totalled. (if they didn't have a body shop that owed them money).

The Damage:
mvc008f2kn.jpg

mvc010f1nz.jpg

After a few months and a lot of fighting with both the body shop and transmission shop, it came out looking like new.
mvc016f1qs.jpg

Since then I've herced the rockers and a rim around the wheel wells, added some lights, a cb, "custom" wiring box, and a 2" lift.
Here's what it looks like now.
mvc805s0ux.jpg

mvc810s6bw.jpg

mvc817s4kb.jpg

cutdown11bn.jpg

There's a lot more pictures of this truck and my '91 in the link in my signature.

Nice looking rig, Nice thread. Sorry it had to leave your hands, but at least it will still be around to enjoy. Watching the rig go from stock on the trailer to lifted SAS/SOA is a nice treat. This is how a thread should be played out, good job!

Well, Its gone. Here's a couple pictures playing around before it left, then loaded and on the way out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back