Legal Offroading Places in Richmond, Virginia | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Legal Offroading Places in Richmond, Virginia

Killem234

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I have seen a couple of yall around the Richmond area here. One question where do yall go to mess around with some friends and have a good time mudding that is legal. Most places people do it around here are illegal and could get introuble for.

I'm just looking for a place where some of my friend and I could go and have some fun with our rigs. I would really appreciate it if yall can give me some ideas

Also doesn't have to be in richmond I was just saying that has a central part. I live in Glen Allen, but we can travel you know if you got a place out in hanover mechanicsville area that's cool. Just wanted to see where yall go.

Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nothing legal within Richmond area.. There is George Washington National forest and a privately owned place in Charlottesville, VA

Where is the George Washington Nation forest, and that is legal? Also the privately owned place how is that exactly legal if it is private?

Where is the George Washington Nation forest, and that is legal? Also the privately owned place how is that exactly legal if it is private?

Do a search for GWNF or George Washington National Forest on google or any of the other search engines.. The privately owned place is legal however you have to be a member, its in Crozet, VA. Its where we held our 10th anniversary run..

Does someone own the land that is on here or something? Ah that's cool, where exactly is that at?

Is that just rockcrawling because i really don't want to take my ex rock crawling.

Also anyone that is around the Richmond area that knows if any places that yall go. Hit this thread up because looking for some places to go, and even maybe we could all hook up or something.

The best place to go around Richmond is either the GWNF, or hook up with the central Virginia 4-wheel drive association. The guys at cv4wa usually do a run one a month. They have a property near Alta Vista. Trails are mild to wild. They are a great bunch to wheel with.

GWNF trails are genally all rocky roads. Little or no mud. It is a great place to wheel. We have not planned any runs to the forest, but anything is possible.

Hmm Thanks for the comment Unclemeat. How far exactly is that forest from Richmond?

Depends, the trail head to Stoney run is less than 2-hours from the west end, but Dry Run is almost 3-hours. Stoney run usually closes for the winter. If you use the search function on this site for the "George Washington National Forest" you will get a bunch if info. You can also google it to get additional info.

Hmm thanks for the information. Looks pretty far, but maybe I could do it sometime. Still wish we could find something around here that we could just have fun at, and like all the members around the area get together you know?

Hey killem,

I have some trails at my place, but it is still a 1.5 hour drive from the west end.Those trails are only open when i am there so arrangements need to be made. Send me a pm and we will exchange emails etc.
i will have some get togethers up there this spring/summer for camping wheeling swimming fishing etc.

where are at in glen allen? I drive arounnd through that area every day.

Back