Lowered the mount-me!!!

mount-me

Reaction score
City, State
Del City, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Merc Mountaineer
Well guys,
I just lowered the mount-me! My wife and I are very pleased with the results. My wife actually likes it which is a major plus. I lowered the front by loosening the ttorsion bars, and put 2 inch blocks in the back. It even felt like it improved the ride. Next thing coming is an EE rear sway bar. After that is some 96 Cobra 17's. Now I'm trying to locate a 99 explorer grill and fromt bumper so I can put some billet in there (plus I don't like the looks of the Mountie grill and bumper.) Anyways, thanks for everyones help, I'm learning alot more about ex's since I never really looked at them until we got one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can probably find somebody willing to trade your Mounty front clip for an Ex front clip......

You can't swap to an Explorer grill unless you switch over the headlights and turn signals as well. That's not something you want to do.

you want to swap?

doh i'd have traded ya

Originally posted by mount-me
It even felt like it improved the ride.
Thats strange.

next...some 96 Cobra 17's.
Well there goes your improved ride. ;) Handling will improve tho.

Re: Re: Lowered the mount-me!!!

Originally posted by X24
Thats strange.

Well there goes your improved ride. ;) Handling will improve tho.

I agree, bigger rims = worse ride, but much better handling! :D

depends a lot on the tires- my nittos ride better on 18s that pirellis on 17s and by a wide margin

We need pics ...

yeah i'll trade ya, as long as the billet is included. matt, i got the instructions off of yer site. alot of guys told me how to do it, i just needed to see it. thanks for everyones help. i'll get pics up when i can get ahold of a digital cam. thanx again. Marc

hey, if you seriously want to trade a mountie front end for an explorer one- charge someone $200 plus the trade, post a thread in the for sale and wanted forum and i guarantee it goes.

Back