Multiple in one thread. Window, wiper, heat, new compressor tool | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Multiple in one thread. Window, wiper, heat, new compressor tool

JimMadsen

Reaction score
City, State
New Britain, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
Figured I would get all 4 of my questions on one post.

Window: driver side window was slowing on its roll down, not roll up. Last night and this morning (or it could be the 10 degree weather) will not roll down lower than one inch. Do not see any ice blocking the path, other windows working fine. New window motor needed?

Wiper blade: pass side blade joint for the arm at the motor feels loose, is there a way to tighten? This is the swivel joint with the motor on the outside of the body.

Heat: Flushed the core almost a year ago and worked great. Coolant level appears fine, right now only getting luke warm air on 90 degrees. Enough to clear the windows and get you kinda warm but not what it should be. Looking into a heating issue with my sisters pathfinder (which actually turned out to be tranny fluid coolant cross contamination, huge issue on 05-10 nissan trucks and suvs with no symptoms until tranny just self destructs, nissan ain't saying much and a lot of mechanics do not know about as it is just starting....) showed that the pathfinders with dual zones need the rear flushed as well. Does the mounty have dual cores for the rear controls?

Compressor: Please no trying to steer me to x brand cause Harbor Freight is crap! I got a budget after all, and my exp has been decent with their stuff.
I am needing a compressor to start framing out a basement and building a wall in said basement. Well I really don't need it.... nobody tell my wife that!
Also want something that can run an impact at 6cfm for those times I need that extra torque. Aside from running a nail gun, impact, and inflating various things, I do not at this point see a need for anything more.
I am looking at these two:
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-to...-cast-iron-vertical-air-compressor-67847.html
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-to...p-10-gallon-125-psi-air-compressor-67708.html
I will of course be getting the 2 year ext warranty on whichever. The 21 gal has more air (obviously) but the 10 gal has more cfm at 5.3 (reviews on both say they will run the impact I am planning on, just not for anything extended time).
So horror stories on these? Thoughts? Rave reviews?
I can get either for about the same price, just not sure which one.

Thanks!

Back