My brothers truck is getting lifted some more | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My brothers truck is getting lifted some more

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
Here it is now. It has a 3" body lift, 2" blocks in the rear and a torsion twist up front, and it's sitting on 33x12.50/17's. We have it all apart right now to do a bunch of stuff to it. It's getting a 3" rancho suspension lift, 4.10's and a rear locker to replace his 3.55's. Disc brake conversion, discs off of a Jeep for the rear, and Disc's off of an 02 dakota in the front so the lift will fit. The frame is getting coated in POR-15. And the axles, suspension, and just about anything else we can take off of it are going down to humboldt so that Jon can work his magic on them.:D

It may be a while before I have any updates since the store we both work at is closing, and we're getting moved to different ones, so we don't know when we'll be able to take some vacation time to get the stuff down to Jtsmiths house.

Now for the pictures
Up until now
DSC01405Medium.jpg

His custom tail lights
DSC01408Medium.jpg

His pretty valve covers and air cleaner
PICT0138Medium.jpg

And his bumpers
DSC00980.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

Here's what it looks like at the moment

PICT0298Medium.jpg

That POR-15 sure is glossy
PICT0295Medium.jpg

PICT0269Medium.jpg

PICT0284Medium.jpg

And parts storage, gotta love it when the grandparents are in California for the winter so we can take over the garage, and make use of the living room for parts storage:D
PICT0267Medium.jpg

PICT0268Medium.jpg

We've learned a couple of valuable lessons on this project, harbor freight slide hammers are JUNK, and you can never have enough jack stands. We have all 12 that my dad, brother and I own amongst ourselves put into use.

looks nice so far keep up good work

Well the trucks is going back together, should be done in a couple of days, just need a couple of parts to come in. The suspension lift was a no go, it's for an 03 dakota and my brother was told it would probably work, but it won't fit without some serious modification so he's just going to try and sell it. And the disc brake swap is on hold as well, since he can't find any rotors to fit it, the explorer/grand cherokee rotors that he needs are drilled to 5x4.5 and he needs 6x4.5 so the holes overlap and he can't find blanks rotors. He's still hoping to find some in the future. So it's just going back together pretty much as it was, only prettier. It does have 4.10 gears, and a Detroit locker in the back now. On to the pics.

A couple from the powdercoating at Jtsmiths place.
PICT0346Medium.jpg

PICT0344Medium.jpg

PICT0352Medium.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

And here's the truck almost back together
PICT0376Medium.jpg

PICT0380Medium.jpg

PICT0379Medium.jpg

Back