offset of 17x9 rims? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

offset of 17x9 rims?

I'm looking at a 17's for my explorer to use with 265-70-17 mud terrains I have in my shed. I'm also trying to do this as cheaply as possible.

the rims I'm looking at are 17x9 5-114.3 offset of 25 the back spaceing is not listed and since I normally go with off road rims I'm not used to offset.

since these are offroad tires, I'd like for them to stock atleast 3/4 of an inch out side of the wheel wells(preferable more) as thats the look I'm going for.

can anyone provide me with some guideance? I see alot of people run cobra r rims and the 17x9 cobra rim has a offset of 24, do ya'll's rims stick out any?

I also see a set thats 10mm but there literaly twice as much.

all help is appreciated.

Conig, if my figures are correct, those wheels will have a backspacing of 6 3/32". The tire diameter should be about 31.5", with a cross section width of about 10.5". Tread width of maybe 8".

This will put the widest part of the tire out about 9" from the wheel mounting pad. They will probably be close to the fender lip, but still under it.

You might have a clearance problem on the inside, with that much backspacing along with the tire height. Just my two pennies, maybe someone with the Cobra's can give you some real-world info......

thats what I actually figured, oh well I tried. at least, guess I'll get some new 15x8's for the tires I have now.

empty is correct, a 17x9 with 6" of backspacing does not stick out at all. i know because i used to have them. :)

Back