Questions for those who have used Herculiner. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions for those who have used Herculiner.

don't need a spray gun

just spray it on.... I don't remember but yes I think the first application process you needed a spray gun.... they did the first 3-4 layers for me..(like I said..I know the guy so I wasn't charged for it but it shouldn't be a lot of $$$). but then they gave me what is called "filler" cans kinda like a body shop will give you touch up paint....

Karol

As always you people are a wealth of information. I like the spray on liner idea and it wouldnt be a problem as I own commercial grade HVLP spray equipment. What kind of prep work is needed to spray over the factory paint? Just rough it up and clean?

Originally posted by punkbek3886
JDraper, did you undercoat it? i want to do this but i need to know the cost first.

No, I didn't undercoat my truck. I did use Rustoleum Hammered finish on the frame and rear axle though. Works nice. Just had to wash the frame and take a wire brush to knock off any loose stuff.

heh

That's what I did to the sliders....I used a wire brush to rough it up a little and washed and rinsed them....then I used rustoleum undercoating.... I did this when the weather was getting bad though and I didn't really take them off.....this summer i want to redo the sliders and mounts....they look a little rusted

Karol

Back