Tis The Season...........To Play With Toys!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tis The Season...........To Play With Toys!!!

RC crawling and trail riding really is a fun and exciting hobby!!! If I can help in any way, just let me know!!

Tell me why my car won't run right :( . I still need to go out and buy a truck.

Holy crap! I just got the email confirming it's been shipped!!

20 min.

Good deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It comes with everything except electronics, servo, batteries and a motor.

RPP said:
Axial AX10 Scorpion - 1/10th scale Rock Crawler - Electric
The first of its? kind!
Previously the only way to build a competition capable rock crawler was to buy bits and pieces of several different kits here and there, sometimes taking several months just to get the right parts together before you could even start the build.

Now you can get everything you need in one box and, in a matter of a few hours of build time, be able to hit the rocks with the Axial AX10 Scorpion 1/10 Rock Crawler Kit.

Axial has designed a completely new kit from the ground up. Each detail has been well thought out and provides you with a solid rock crawler base to work with.

Axles
The axles have been designed with many features that are not available from other choices on the market. Everything from the axle strength, pinion angle, caster, and ground clearance were taken into consideration, the result is a stronger better axle that will outperform the rest. An aluminum diff locker is included along with hardened drive shafts and axles.

Chassis
The AX10 Scorpion chassis is lightweight and stiff. Twin 2.0mm aluminum side plates are tied together with aluminum posts and a molded nylon transmission/skid plate. The chassis was made small and compact to cut as much weight as possible. A simple battery/radio tray makes installation of your electronics quick and easy. Wheel base is adjustable from 304mm ~ 320mm.

Transmission
The AX10 Scorpion transmission was designed to place the weight of the motor as low as possible while still allowing a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted from 15:1 all the way up to 74:1 using different pinion/spur gear choices. The transmission is locked with no differential action and features hard anodized aluminum out-drive shafts.

Shocks, Links and Driveshaft
Super long shocks offer a wider range of articulation as well as an optional range of spring choices so you can tune your crawler to work on any terrain. All suspension links are made from lightweight and strong aluminum. The driveshaft is made from a strong composite material and features hardened metal yokes.

Wheels, Tires and Body
No crawler would be complete without the essentials. The AX10 Scorpion comes outfitted with the popular 2.2 Rockster beadlocks sporting green rock rings and Rock Lizard tires. And to complete the AX10 Scorpion is the popular B-17 Betty body in .040? thick polycarbonate is included.

Features
Complete competition ready kit All new axles that feature an improved driveshaft angle and caster as well as class leading steering throw Aluminum Chassis plates with a molded nylon skid plate Ultra compact and lightweight transmission Full time locked four wheel drive Full Ball bearings Overall gear ratio range from 15:1 to 74:1 Transmission: 2.6:1; center mounted Differentials: Locked style (spool) Transmission: Single-speed Tires: Axial 2.2 Rock Lizards Wheels: Axial 2.2 Rockster Beadlocks Suspension: 3 Link Drive Shafts: Universal front and rear composite

Chassis
Wheelbase: 304mm~320mm (12?~12.6?) Width: 254mm (10?) Height: 156mm (6.125?) Weight: 1588g (3.5 lbs) Articulation: 70° Ground Clearance: 79mm (3.125?)

Body
Length: 438mm (17.25?) Width: 181mm (7.125?) Height: 133mm (5.25?)
Electronics (Not Included) Radio: 2 Channel Servos: 1 (Standard Size) Speed Control Motor: 540/550 Size Battery: 7.2v Stick Pack

It comes with everything except electronics, servo, batteries and a motor.

O... i thought it was supposed to come "complete" :D

Well, technically (or is does that make it non-technically?) it is. There are a ton of choices for those parts not included. I have a bunch of stuff left over from my years of having R/C cars so it's complete enough for me. :p:

Check out this forum on rccrawler.com. It's all about the AX10 with recommendations of what electronics to use if you don't already have any.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73

iv got a traxxas revo 2.5 verison with a OS.18tm ,trinity pipe an header 250cc tank set up digital servos 23mm adapters ,weld style bead lock rims with moab xl tires with spools front an rear
3pm tx an a whole lot more of lil details i just cant think of right now

Holy crap! I just got the email confirming it's been shipped!!

20 min.
Corey @ RPP is one helluva guy!!!:thumbsup:

The AX-10 is a GREAT deal out of the box! In fact, many RCC clubs have created an AX-10 "spec" class, which run only stock AX-10s with limited modifications.

I picked up a pair of AX-10 axles and a tranny earlier this week. They will be under my scale "loose" replication of Brian Errea's '06 Pro-Mod rig. I hope to make this my '08 2.2 "comp" rig, but if the weight/COG won't work out, it will be my 2.2 "scale" rig. Either way, it is turning out to be a fun/challenging build.:p: Building a tuber based on a real design is a PITA!!!!!!

It doesn't look like much now, but when done, it should turn out okay!

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Cool stuff!!

I'm still rippin' around with my Traxxas T-maxx 2.5. I pull it out twice a year for some fun... once about now when I get cabin-fever, and once in the middle of summer when I go camping. I've got it pretty much bullet-proof now, but it now weighs about 20 lbs LOL!! I can't even remember all the goodies I put on it, but it's got a lot of RPM parts on it if my memory serves. Every time I broke a cheap plastic OEM part, I replaced it with a heavy-duty RPM or Aluminum part. It'll still pull the front wheels off the ground when I get the engine tuned for the weather, but it's a lot tougher than when it was stock!

One of these days I'm gonna rig it for snow running the right way!!

-Joe

Although more partial to crawling, I did discover a whole new world of RC fun over the weekend..................................drifting!!!:thumbsup:

If the concept of drifting is new to you, or more specifically RC drifting, just head on over to youtube and search "RC drifting" to get an idea.

RC crawling is VERY technical, and truly takes a good driver to do well....................and drifting encourages some of the same driving traits, but is just a tad faster! It has been awhile since I have been so thrilled by RC, and drifting has encouraged my interest in all aspects of it!!:D

driftproject1.jpg

drifter1.jpg

So what are the specs of the car?
Right Now:
Associated TC4
Reedy 17T Motor with 23/72 gearing (stock)
HPI wheels with ABS (drain pipe) tires
Volvo S40 body

By next weekend:
Novak XBR Sport 10.5 Brushless motor and ESC
HPI T-Drift tires on Associated 8-spoke wheels (the ones in the first pic)
Parma (maybe) Lincoln LS body..............to match my 1:1

If the Parma LS body turns out to be as unrealistic as most Parma bodies are (can't find a single pic of the body online, but I still bought one)..........................I may end up using the LS decals on the S40 body!:confused: I have run several PS sketch comparisons on these two bodies, and outside of the front wheel-wells being off from each other, the two bodies are very similar. It may turn out to be quite an experiment.;)

drifter2.jpg

newls.jpg

Pretty damn sweet. Looks realistic.

Damn it, Robb! Now I have to get one of these AX10 Scorpion dealios! :mad:

I've decided on:

Pro-Line '56 F100 body
f100.jpg

TCS "Ford" Delrin Rock Rings
beadlocks.jpg

TCS X-Trail Scale Chassis
chassis.jpg

...and I have no idea about the electronics and other junk! :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back