Wanted: 1991 Ford Aerostar XL extended rear bumper. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted: 1991 Ford Aerostar XL extended rear bumper.

Ace01

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Aerostar
Does anyone have a rear bumper for a 1991 Ford Aerostar? Mine has completely shattered away. if you have one, I will purchase if you have one. Do have any suggestions on an aftermarket one, or a universal one that might fit also. THANKS.

View attachment 445997

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you starting this project with nothing? No side caps or bumper cover?

I don't know of anything aftermarket that fits and the last time I checked nobody makes anything for the extended vans. There's a company that makes a bumper cover for the shorter van but the last time I checked nobody had any in stock.

I don't know of anything aftermarket that fits and the last time I checked nobody makes anything for the extended vans. There's a company that makes a bumper cover for the shorter van but the last time I checked nobody had any

The difference is, the extended vans bumper is 18 inches farther away from the rear axle than the short van. My profile picture is an extended van

Welcome to this forum! Your thread was renamed & moved into the Aerostar parts section. Did you check EBay? You could make your own bumper. I did that for my 1988 van.
What did you make it with, I was planning on just getting any metal bumper around that size and have it welded on.

Back