Wheel "sizing" info needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel "sizing" info needed

Hi Folks, I have a 2000 Explorer XLT (5.0 v8) with factory wheels and 235/75/15 tires. I would like to upgrade to 31" tires and some new wheels. The wheels that I have decoded on are the American Racing Baja series. My question is, what is the "offset" or "backspacing" that I need? If I run 31"x10.5"x15 tires I think I can use a 15"x7" wheel (same as factory size). It would even be great if someone knew the American Racing iterm number for these wheels! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

672-5765

That's the item number for 5on4.5 bolt pattern 15x7 wheels. The 15x7s only have one offset and backspacing, -6mm offset/3.75" backspacing. Stock wheels are 4.5" backspace I believe, so those wheels will stick out slightly further from the hub. Not a huge difference though.

If you're only running 31s, those should fit you just fine. If you ever want to upgrade in the future though, like to 33s, you'll need a 15x8 wheel minimum.

Make sure to test fit the wheel on both front and rear before you mount the tire. You want to make absolutely sure you have clearance beforehand, because you cant send back wheels once a tire is mounted on them.

Back