That "Hi I'm new here" obligatory thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

That "Hi I'm new here" obligatory thread

Greg M

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport 2WD
Hi y'all, new guy here, obviously.

I got a beautiful 2001 Explorer Sport that is near and dear to me. It's my second vehicle, my first was a '99 Taurus, which sadly, gave up her life earlier this year, when the entire computer system failed and my local Pull-a-part, didn't have one to replace it with. not to mention it had 283K on it, and she needed an entire rear end.

Onto my new baby. The '01 is a quick little monster, Shes run well all year, until about a month ago, when aging ball joints in the front end all decided it was time to die. Now, with more than a little wobble in the front end until I can fix it, she trundles along. This Explorer is possibly my favorite thing to drive, and I've been behind the wheel of Mustangs, a vintage '64 Galaxie, and even a few dreaded Corvettes. By far the best. Tranny is showing her age, but with some tenderness, she works fine. For a car a decade and a half old, the fact that I can get the damn thing to do 117mph is incredible. A 3,400 buck car, that I need to put about $250 into aint bad at all.
Found this entire website looking up ways to plastidip my rims and trim. (Thinking matte black trim-work and rims will go well on the all white paintjob.
Im sure Ill wander across tons more interesting things that will help me out on my favorite POS, see yall around!

plasti dip the whole car I love that stuff try the spray!;)
welcome to the forum:banghead:

Welcome Greg.

Back