The noise of the aircraft from under the hood and the sign "vehicle overheating" lights up. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The noise of the aircraft from under the hood and the sign "vehicle overheating" lights up.

Florans

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008, Explorer, 157/213,5
Hello. My Ford Explorer IV has an incomprehensible problem. For two years now. Reading error codes does not give any results - as if everything is in order. But sometimes, when I start driving and press the gas pedal, the fan noise is heard under the hood. I don't press the gas pedal - it's all right. A stronger gas at low revs causes a stronger noise, similar to the hum of an airplane. At the same time, cold air blows from the switched-on stove, although the engine is already warmed up. After 10 minutes, a red scoreboard lights up, indicating that the car is overheating, and the temperature arrow jumps up. I stop, the arrow drops to normal, the scoreboard also becomes normal, and the heat starts blowing out of the stove, as it should. I recently changed the viscous coupling, but it didn't help. Have you ever had such a problem? What could it be? Help.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-02-05 at 16.33.58.mp4
    2.3 MB

Hello. My Ford Explorer IV has an incomprehensible problem. For two years now. Reading error codes does not give any results - as if everything is in order. But sometimes, when I start driving and press the gas pedal, the fan noise is heard under the hood. I don't press the gas pedal - it's all right. A stronger gas at low revs causes a stronger noise, similar to the hum of an airplane. At the same time, cold air blows from the switched-on stove, although the engine is already warmed up. After 10 minutes, a red scoreboard lights up, indicating that the car is overheating, and the temperature arrow jumps up. I stop, the arrow drops to normal, the scoreboard also becomes normal, and the heat starts blowing out of the stove, as it should. I recently changed the viscous coupling, but it didn't help. Have you ever had such a problem? What could it be? Help.

Back