Weather Tech Floor Liners? Second Gen X? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weather Tech Floor Liners? Second Gen X?

cantornikolaos

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited 5.0
Callsign
BigTime
I'm putting some money into my 2000 Explorer, and decided I want to be like the cool kids with their stupid crossovers and car payments, but without the unibody construction, transverse drivetrain, or car payments. I'm gonna do that by getting some of those cool WeatherTech floor liners. In all seriousness, they are pretty sweet! I know someone who has them in his Subaru, and when we go play in the snow, the plastic liner takes all the dirt and water. They're pretty easy to remove, hose off, and put back in.

I want to get the same thing for my 2000 Explorer. I checked WeatherTech's website, and unfortunately, they don't show anything for the custom-fit floor liners when I search for 2000 Explorer. They do have some decent looking trim-to-fit floor mats. If I can't do anything else, I'll do that. I'm wondering if a floor liner for a 2004-2005 4 door Ford Ranger will work in there. If I'm not mistaken, it's still the same chassis. They have the same dash. Will that fit into a second gen Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am interested in this as well. Or even a good universal floor mat option, the stock ones are such a weird shape, I have been hesitant to buy anything without being able to compare it.

They look correct! Of course the top width is what matters most on the driver's side. Thinking of getting one, so much snow and slush around now.
Checking further on the Huskyliner website, they DO have custom mats (same price) for both the 2000 Explorer and my '98. They take up to 3 weeks to make them custom however. AND I notice, the top width appears to be narrower on the driver's side mat, than the 99 Ranger mat.

Weathertech makes universal trim-to-fit if you want to check those out. Standard and heavy duty. I bought a standard 4-piece set on eBay, for my Accord, for $34.19 delivered.

If you do dig on eBay, keep in mind some of the mats are the older design.

I have a pair of the Husky liners I pulled out of a 2nd gen at the salvage yard. I'm not using them.

Back