• Register Today It's free!

Caliper Bracket Metal Slides - Where to Buy?

The "spring clips" I was refering to were for the front brakes on a 97. Not sure what they should be called, but it clips to the inside of the caliper and has two rails that spring against the outside of the pads. From looking at my Haynes they were used from 97 to ?. It is hard to tell because they have pictures and instuctions for all of the disc brakes from 91-2001 on 2 pages. If you have one it can be seen in section 9-6 fig 3.6g and says "on 97 and later...". Anyway glad you found what you needed. How do the brakes feel?

Anyway, the majority of my problem has been solved. I overhauled the front brakes with Carquest loaded calipers, Autozone Duralast premium rotors and upgraded the mid-grade carquest "Blue" to premium pads. For the rear, i replaced one caliper (b/c i broke off the bleeder screw), both rotors (with the help of a 3-jaw puller - what a B!TCH) and pads. I completely disabled the parking brake system b/c i could not get a new adjuster anywhere - completely out of stock! We'll see if during my vehicle inspection at the end of this month they actually test it!

I bled the brakes all around, but without another hand to close the bleeder valve while the pedal was depressed, i don't think that they're bled enough. I still have almost 1/2 brake pedal travel without a ton of brake action, but they brake well beyond that. I've never had a real firm brake pedal since i bought the X in Nov, '01.

I know of the springs that you are talking about, actually ON the caliper "bridge" between the piston and the outside pad area. Still not the ones i'm seeing in Haynes. The Haynes manual that shows a small retainer clip that slides under the lower ear of the brake pad (after the pad is slid into the "slippers"). I think it is not a correct representation of what is needed for my vehicle (which i believe is the exact same as your setup).

Thanks for all of the help!

I had the same problem with the rear rotors. I think I had to pry the e-brake shoes out of the back of them with srewdrivers. I still have to go back and free up one of the levers where the e-brake cable hooks up a little more. They were both frozen beyond belief. I usually end up bleeding brakes with one of the kids. Its not ideal but it gets it done.

Back