next naches trip part ll | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

next naches trip part ll

Havent gone wheelin with you yet but I can already tell we would have a good time.

Heck, I met him a year and a half ago at Tahuya and am out on the trails almost every darn weekend and hadn't seen him since. Then he goes and passes me on a freakin' quad. Itz just not right ........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I sure am glad I had taken the quad up there that day....that was a nasty traffic jam! How long did it take you guys to get through it?

I sure am glad I had taken the quad up there that day....that was a nasty traffic jam! How long did it take you guys to get through it?

I think we spent at least 45 minutes waiting for groups to pass in one direction or another.

There were 2 oncoming and one from behind before you came up from behind and I was almost ready to hog the trail and make you guys wait behind me.

Then the oncoming group with the ORV Ranger.

I've never seen so many rigs on one trail.

As busy as it was, on Sunday it was a ghost town at the funny rocks.

I think the weekend we are planing on is opening day for modern Rifle... I dont know how many of you have been over there that weekend but in years past it has been a mess of idiots. Im still down for going (seeing as how Im an idiot myself) but just thought I would warn everyone, the trails sould be ok but the roads on top will be packed.

yea i didnt think about that, should be ok for wheeling but camping might be a ***** unless someone goes over early to claim a spot again

I think the weekend we are planing on is opening day for modern Rifle... I dont know how many of you have been over there that weekend but in years past it has been a mess of idiots. Im still down for going (seeing as how Im an idiot myself) but just thought I would warn everyone, the trails sould be ok but the roads on top will be packed.

Was up in the Quartz Mountain/Buck Meadows area camping and wheelin' with Phil and FJ Dwight this weekend and it was "Modern Bow" pretty much everywhere. Never seen so much dispersed camping especially after the Labor Day weekend???

Along the river "should" be ok still, it will be a mess up on the ridge and all the way down to the e-burg side (you have never seen so many "road hunters" in your life). We will be able to avoid most of it by running the trails and staying off the roads. Make sure you rig "looks" legal, the law inforcement will be all over the place.

yeuck, that changes the equation for me.

Gotta think about that some more.

I would suggest not running around the woods wearing a fur coat and an antler hat that weekend.

I would suggest not running around the woods wearing a fur coat and an antler hat that weekend.

:shoot:ben aka whitetrashfab is right we need to wheel with you:biggthump

Look on the bright side Phil, we sould have the trails to ourselfs. No other 4x4 groups are bumb enough to plan a wheelin trip that weekend... Just wear your flagers vest all weekend and you should be fine... Better yet, paint fish and game on the side of your ex and I think you would scare the hunters all away. I dont think we will have to much trouble up there, Im sure memorial day weekend brought as many if not more people over there and we still had a blast. I hope you dont change your mind, I look forward to wheelin with everyone again.

Itz just really a non issue. October wheelin' is really nice (no dust) but BIG fire YES!

i'm not saying thats something I would do...but if i were to do it, I'd have empty coors light cans stuck to the antlers and I'd arm my fellow camp companions with paint ball guns.

I think I just came up with a new sport...

i'm not saying thats something I would do...but if i were to do it, I'd have empty coors light cans stuck to the antlers and I'd arm my fellow camp companions with paint ball guns.

I think I just came up with a new sport...

Brings a whole new meaning to "I'm game".

I'm game until I pass out, fall over in my own urine and have you guys stick a glow stick in my pants so you don't loose track of me in the woods.

rw6.jpg

I'm game until I pass out, fall over in my own urine and have you guys stick a glow stick in my pants so you don't loose track of me in the woods.

rw_3.jpg

MMMMMMM IS THAT WHATS LEFT OF A CORN DOG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back