show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 45 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did a torsion twist. When I did the SOA, I took out the overload spring. It has a nice stance w/ a little rake which I like. I'm very satisfied...heres a pic.

Attachments

• IMG025.jpg
    IMG025.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 3,202

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I think the 32s look a little small. When they wear down 35s are goin on unless somebody talks me out of it.

i dont think anyone is going to do that :D

35's are going to require a good amount of cutting on the body to keep them from rubbing constantly. Not to mention they will probably still rub at full lock. The ofcourse there is the gearing issues. Perhaps you may want to considder a decent set of 33's

I have already taken care of the cutting. I've cut lots of sheet metal already because I thought I was going to get 35s last month but the pocketbook didn't pull through. I have considered 33s since I have 4.10 gears, but I did run my 32s w/ 3.27s for about 6 months and it wasn't that bad. I calculated that 4.10s and 35s is almost exactly the same as 3.27s and stock tires. So why not go all out.

I had 4.10 and lived with 35s as long as I could, but I couldn't take it anymore and had to finally go to 4.88. With 4.10 my transmission was constantly shifting back and forth going up any little hill or under any strain whatsoever. Just FYI about what worked for me.

Nice buildup BTW :thumbsup:

Yeah I ran 35's with 4.10's for a while. man that SUCKED. I will never even considder that again

Thanks for the input. I have a manual tranny so it won't be too terrible.

Yeah I definately prefer 5.13s for 35's I ran them for a long time and loved it that way. My gas mileage got WAY better when I went from 4.10 to 5.13 not to mention I could actualy accelerate again

Here is some better pics of mine
2458262_2.jpg

2458262_3.jpg

2458262_1.jpg

those are only 31"s for now but they dont look to bad.

yeah it does look good

heres mine...

Attachments

• meandexplorer.jpg
    meandexplorer.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 2,929
  • coolereven.jpg
    coolereven.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 2,912

i posted up my EX a few pages ago heres my other truck (mud duty only)
Mud20August202020080crop.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

are your sway bars dc'ed? My rear flex's way more than that with them dc'd.

no my sway bars are still connected. Ive been pondering the idea of disconnecting thre rears just to see... I had been using it as my DD, so i didnt want the negative affect of driving highway miles without my swaybar. Does it make that much of a difference? we basically have the same lift i have 2 inch coils/2 inch spacers. aal/shackles 2 inch PA BL

off road it makes all the difference
Unless your sway bars are setup to notlimit your travel.

Disconnect that sucker, you can get used to driving it to and from the trial wihout the sway bars no biggie

Back