• Register Today It's free!

Show me your pics!

RockyMount5.0

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer
Show me any of your Explorer with after market rims. I dont care if they are 17's or 22's. I just want to get an idea. Oh yeah and show them to me lowered if possible. I just bought my wife a 98 mountaineer and the rims on them right now are ugly. I did not think it was right to lower a AWD truck. I thought that was for 2WD. But I am seeing some pretty sweet trucks out there. And if you have green, that would be even better so I can get a good idea what it would really look like. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How fast does your '91 go?? :eek:

My AWD on 26's. :D Virtual.

Attachments

• sectionstreet.jpg
    sectionstreet.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 884

LOL! That is sweet! I am picking up the 91LX this weekend. From what I know about it, it runs mid to hig 12's. I have not driven it yet, but my father in law drove it and checked it out and said it could rival my 01GT as it sits right now. My car could probably run 12.8's with slicks but I will just have to settle for 13.11 on 17"DRs.

you might like this style

Attachments

• 03bestpictureavatar.jpg
    03bestpictureavatar.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 879

Not bad.

18" Moda R7's, 2"front drop, 1" rear drop, AWD:D

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 883

Nice. Is it me or do X's sit lower in the rear? I like how you did more of a drop on the front and only dropped the rear 1". That looks sweet. And I think the 18's look better than dubs. Just less ghetto I think. Again, nice.:cool:

So how did you lower your X, and how much does it cost to lower? Do you scrape at all. I think it would look even better with a 3" drop in front and a 1.5-2" drop in back. Nice though either way.

Oh yeah, they drag tail right from the factory. Mine was actually an inch lower in the rear when it was stock.

Blocks in the rear, torsion twist in the front. Do a search and you will find lots of info on the subject. Cost depends on where you get your parts and how much work you do yourself. I have about $85 in blocks, camber shims and alignment.

That is not bad at all. I would prefer to do the work myself like I did on my stang.

7134limiteds.jpg

Another photoshop but I just ordered these rims this morning.

Here is my new truck. Well it is the new gen but you didnt specify. :D

Attachments

• new truck with 20\'s 001.jpg
    new truck with 20\'s 001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,302

But here is my old Explorer.

Attachments

• billet grill,clear corners & tails 001 cropped.jpg
    billet grill,clear corners & tails 001 cropped.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 853

i haven't posted much about this- but my choice for lowering it was 2.5" up front and 3" in the rear plus the sag from my stereo (which weighs a ton). my x had none of that rear sag from the factory for some reason though so the rear might be alittle much for some.

the kicker with my suspension system is that i have a slightly modified air lift kit. for around 300 i am now able to air it up to higher than stock height and drop it back down to 3" drop in just under 30 seconds. its not so fast to be flashy but it makes for the best of both worlds height wise.

i don't believe that any other lowered trucks on this site have the air lift kit (although a few do have full bags) and i highly recommend it to you as an option.

also- i agree with you that "legals" are the ideal rim size- particularly if you have dreams of upping the horsepower a bit- and i bet you will soon.

Yeah I just switched to a 3 inch block in the back because my truck doesn't have any rear end sag either. The rear is just a tad lower than the front but you can't tell.

I might lower my new truck, but right now i am not concerned with it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love your wheels. Why do you call them underage? And what are legals?

Back