Flat tow package value

BummerDude

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer
Looks like my 99 Ford Explorer XLT will be totaled. šŸ„¹
How value does having a flat tow package provide? Asking so I can include it in the settlement. TIA
Ā 

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

? What size engine?
Ā 

the flat tow package was an add on worth i think 200 so im not sure its huge. @allmyEXes to have flat tow it had to be a 4.0 ohv or sohc 4x4... as to which 4.0.... not sure
Ā 

On a 25 year old vehicle, it adds close to $0, but I could see putting it in as a $200 line item feature. All they can do is disagree, right?

Sorry for your loss of the vehicle.
Ā 

Thanks! It was 4x4 4.0L. A very quick Google search was $7-10k for a new install, so was hoping for more. šŸ¤‘
They're offering $3,200 for 25yr old w/ 250k miles, so can't complain. Can't believe they actually bothered to do a repair estimate $11k.
Ā 

About tree fiddy
Ā 

RIP, but my Explorer was totaled long before I got it, and here it is, still kickin' around at 25 years old. If she's ugly but she still runs fine, I'd be tempted to keep her... but that's just me.

Explorers aren't too hard to find, so if you keep your eyes sharp, you might just find an other one to fill that spot in your heart.
Ā 

Back