• Register Today It's free!

2001 Ranger 4X4 Off-Road

Maxxim_Hacks

Reaction score
City, State
Nicollet, MN 56074
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ranger XLT
This past Friday we were out drift bustin' and doing a little off-roading and the X-Sport decided to take a sh*t on me. I shelled out the front diffy and ended up getting pulled out DOWN a hill. So I decided that I would look for a new ride before I really messed up the front end and more and maybe get a couple grand for it. So I took it to 5 dealerships in the cities thinking they would want to get me into a new vehicle, F*CK NO! The first dealership refused to show me ANYTHING untill they test drove my explorer and appraised it... Funny thing was that I didn't even get to tell them I wanted to trade; I usually leave that out 'till I Know how low they'll go straight out. But anyways, I told them where to go when they said they'd give me $5500 for it but said I would have to take it back home and get the new lower mouldings on and then bring it back up and trade. The next place looked at my vehicle and started laughing at me when I got them down to a reasonable price on a new 2001 X-Sport (started at $38,000 LOADED with EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING and got them down to $29,500) and I mentioned I was going to trade in my old ride. The third place I stopped at wanted to try and sell me a F*CK*N' Dog DERANGED-0 and didn't even talk about selling me an explorer. The fourth place deducted $750 for the manual t-case and another $1500 because I put in a new engine and didn't have the paperwork to prove it; that pissed me off because a cat that was blind in one eye, and couldn't see out of the other could tell the difference between a 4.0OHV and the SOHC. That and they only offered me $3900 for it before they took it for a spin ($3900 - $2250 = $1650... Yeh, Right!) Now the last place I stopped at, American Ford in Blommington, left a very good mark with me. The guy came up to me and asked my name, gave me his, asked me if I wanted something to drink like a soda, and was sharp about what he was doing. We price out 3 Explorers, 2 of which were sports and could reach a good price but said they would get me into a 2001 for less then $18,000 with my trade. The total we got to was $22,500 with tax, title, license, and tabs. Then they gave me $5000 for the explorer plus when I told them about the SOHC, and one of their techs looked at it they gave me $1500 for that because the SOHC was a $2000 option on some models in '97-'98. So when everything was said and done, I only had to pay $16000 out of pocket and was well below the $18k they quoted earlier. Plus I told them they had to include nurf bars a bug deflector and vent-shades and they DID!!! That's another $700 they just threw in on the deal. Talk about them getting a good review if anyone ever asks. And it even came with a 6-disc in-dash CD changer.

When I get a chance I'll post pictures

It is one sweet ride...Now I justr have to name her!!!

Back