• Register Today It's free!

Auto start/stop

Buccs7869

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 explorer xlt
Hello. New to this group.. just got a new 2023 ford explorer.. does anyone know how to disable permantly the auto start/stop feature with forscan with out any service messages coming out on the dash ?? Thank u in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello. New to this group.. just got a new 2023 ford explorer.. does anyone know how to disable permantly the auto start/stop feature with forscan with out any service messages coming out on the dash ?? Thank u in advance.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
This has been discussed before. Using the handy 'Search' feature (top right), I found this thread; Auto Start-Stop Technology
Dale also posted another thread that doesn't require FORScan.
As for myself, the feature rarely comes ON due to the battery charge not being high enough. I drive many short trips. I believe the last time it worked was last year before the Winter.

Peter

As for myself, the feature rarely comes ON due to the battery charge not being high enough. I drive many short trips. I believe the last time it worked was last year before the Winter.

Peter

I am constantly turning off Autostart manually. It is nearly 20 miles to the nearest grocery store, all at highway speed, so state of charge isn't an issue. I find it annoying that the engine shuts off so quickly when just making a quick stop at a stop sign and taking off again.

Back